Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tohoku Tote (English version)



I've been thinking about making a bag for quite some time. Of course, the reversible bag I made before is a bag, but you know what I mean. I wanted something that looked just like a bag I could have bought in a store. And when I saw the Tohoku Tote, I knew this was a bag I had to make. Such an amazing design! And it looked very feasible too. So this is my first attempt at bagmaking, and I'm very happy of how it turned out. As soon as I have time, I'll be making another one - the fabrics are already waiting ;-) ...


A Tohoku Tote!




I was so happy when I took it to work. It's quite an understatement when I'm saying that I showed it off :-). 
I was thinking that I didn't really do anything special with the pattern, but I did tweak the pattern a bit by adding just one long strap instead of two smaller handles - I like being able to just carry my bag on the shoulder. The fabrics I used were a grey pleather coupon from the local fabric shop, some bright blue velvety fabric, and some basic IKEA cotton for the inside of the bag. I did interface the whole thing, which gives the bag the structure it needs. And I thought I wouldn't need an inside pocket, but I actually do, so that's what I'll add next time. What a great pattern :-)!







No comments:

Post a Comment

'n reactie is altijd fijn :-). Bedankt!